Line of Service
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge
You will be working within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, which provides advisory services focused on the CFO agenda The team works across a broad range of industries and delivers projects throughout the Middle East region The work we typically undertake includes
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Corporate planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Corporate treasury
- Public Financial Management, including Treasury Single Account, GFMIS and Cash to Accrual conversion
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Costing and cost reduction opportunities
- Leveraging ERP, EPM, Digital and Cloud technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (eg IFRS) and regulatory compliance standards (eg introduction of indirect tax) through Process and Systems enablement
- Reporting to a Manager within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax
- Play a role in advising clients on strategic finance-related matters and designing solutions that can help address complex finance-related challenges, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor Consultants in the Finance Function Effectiveness team
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in Finance trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- Assist in researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East
- Whilst working in the Finance Consulting team you will work collaboratively with colleagues from the broader Consulting Team and other Lines of Service, in order to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
Proficiency in Arabic is mandatory
- The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA and CMA
- Strong understanding and experience of Financial Policies and Processes, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting and Tax
- Expertise in and experience of implementing either SAP or Oracle in Financial Modules is mandatory
- SAP Simple Finance, SAP FICO and the integration of SAP FICO with other SAP modules OR
- Oracle E-Business SuiteFusion Financials and their integration with other Oracle modules
- Client-focused approach, with the ability to build strong relationships with diverse internal and external teams in demanding environments
- Experience of supporting projects or directly working in at least 2 industry sectors, ideally including Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Oil-Gas and Utilities
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and ability to proactively drive projects and teams to successful delivery
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
Minimum years experience required
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 2 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting
Deadline:13th Aug 2025
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value theyre looking for.
Were a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.